How We ScoreOur Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our AI tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites.
This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best usb raid enclosure . We would recommend using QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Connectivity as it is our top pick for you
Best usb raid enclosure Review :
QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Connectivity
- Storage Expansion for your QNAP NAS, computers (supports Windows and Mac), and servers
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C High-Capacity JBOD Storage Enclosure
- 8 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- 250W Power Supply Unit
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA
- Support 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 16TB per drive, Support Hard Drive Transfer Rate up to SATA III Speed. Hardware Raid controller built-in on board with one-button control.
- One Button Raid Control support Single Drive Mode, Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD, Raid 0 (Stripping), Raid 1 (Mirroring), Raid 3 (Stripped set with dedicated parity), Raid 5 (Stripped set with distributed parity), Raid 10 (Mirroring + Striping)
- Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, up to 3.0Gbps via eSATA.
- Smart Fan with built-in thermal-sensor, Auto & Manual modes, and 3 speed levels
- Compatible with Mac OSX 10.8 or later and Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
TERRAMASTER D5-300 USB3.1 (Gen1) Type C 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure Support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Clone, JBOD, Single Disk Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless)
- D5-300 is equipped with brand new USB 3.1(Gen1) type-C high-speed interface and compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux computers, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Up to 90TB storage capacity. D5-300 can support five (5) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 18TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 90TB ( in RAID0). Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5" SATA hard drives, 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSD. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD's are not included.)
- Relying on the USB 3.1 Gen1 super speed protocol, the D5-300’s transmission speeds can reach up to 220MB/s (Tested with dedicated NAS drives 4TB RAID 0).
- Supports multiple RAID modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, CLONE, JBOD, and Single Disk. RAID 5 is recommended as the best option for D5-300, which balances between data security and storage capacity.
- Various applications. Great for video editing, photo backup, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D5-300 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
Sabrent USB 3.2 5-Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Tray-Less Docking Station (DS-SC5B)
- USB 3.2 Type-C port with up to 10Gbps transfer speed.
- 5 x SATA 6Gbit/s 3.5” hard drive bays.
- High-quality aluminum for optimal heat dissipation and structural integrity.
- Hot-Swappable with 5 independent ON/OFF power switches.
- Locking key to prevent accidental bay opening, fully tray-less design.
Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5"/3.5" External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]
- 【Reliable External Storage System for Individuals】This 5 bay hdd enclosure support up to 80TB external expanded storage. The front door adopt user-friendly PUSH Design for easy install and replacement of hard drives. It is an ideal choice for personal storage at home and office. It can support different drive type(s)-2,5"/3,5" HDD/SSDs, so you can take advantage of your hard drives' potential fully.
- 【Flexible RAID for Customized Work Need】It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 【80mm Silent Fan Inside】The 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- 【For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard Drives】It comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- 【5Gbps Transfer Rate】This 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
Highpoint RocketStor 6114V 4-Bay Raid 5 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Storage Enclosure
- Industry's 1st USB 3.1 Gen-2 10Gb/s Connectivity RAID 5 Enclosure
- RAID 5 Performance 2x faster than other USB 3.0 Storage Solutions
- Supports Massive Storage configurations over 40TB
- Add RAID 5 Storage to any system with a USB Type-C or USB Type-A port
- Rocket Manager Solution; Designed for all levels of Professions
QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
- Direct-attached storage device via USB Type-C for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Use the TR-004 as external storage for NAS backup
- Expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS
- 4 x 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- Hardware RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, and individual disks
Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5" 3.5" SATA III RAID HDD External USB 3.0 Enclosure Windows MacOS SY-ENC50118
- Supports all brands of 2.5" And 3.5" Sate I/II/III hard disk Drive up to 10TB per drive up to 5 x 10TB. Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III
- Raid support: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, span, and JBOD
- East interface requires port Multiplier w/FIS-based switching on main computer to enable access to multiple HDDs simultaneously
OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
1 used from $82.01
- 0 GB Dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA equipped performance RAID enclosure
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, span, and independent modes
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 & eSATA connectivity-Accelerate your workflow with transfer speeds up to 407MB/s
- Supports 2 x SATA HDDs. All Cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
How to choose the best usb raid enclosure
There are some things you should consider when buying a usb raid enclosure. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a usb raid enclosure. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
Make a list of the things you want in your usb raid enclosure and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most usb raid enclosures fall within the price range of $ 649 to $ 212.34. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Connectivity.
If you want something medium range, choose Sabrent USB 3.2 5-Bay 3.5″ SATA Hard Drive Tray-Less Docking Station (DS-SC5B). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the usb raid enclosure you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
3. The brand
Buying the usb raid enclosure from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your usb raid enclosure to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a usb raid enclosure from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
What is the best usb raid enclosure?
The best usb raid enclosure is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Connectivity
Are there any good deals on usb raid enclosure?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best usb raid enclosure and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest usb raid enclosure?
Although most of the cheaper usb raid enclosure do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
Where can I buy the usb raid enclosure?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best usb raid enclosure
We hope you liked the usb raid enclosures that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,