How We ScoreOur Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our AI tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites.
This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best electronic brake controller . We would recommend using Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control as it is a high-quality product
Best electronic brake controller Review :
Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control
4 used from $53.20
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters
- Self-diagnostics features will illuminate LED readout when issues occur
- Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Works proportionally in reverse
- Snap-in dash mounting clip and hardware included
REESE Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control, Small Compact Design
5 used from $31.74
- INSTALLS QUICKLY: This 100% solid-state electronic with a small compact design mounts in any direction, no leveling required. Pre-wired plug-and-play feature allows for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems.
- ADJUSTS EASILY: Two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection.
Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control , silver
4 used from $123.82
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options, displays in English, French or Spanish
- Diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage and warning system alerts to No Trailer Brake situations
- Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking, select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters and Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC
- PORTABLE. The Echo trailer brake controller has a non-invasive install and is easily transferrable from one vehicle to another. It plugs into any 7-way connector, wirelessly links to your smartphone using Bluetooth
- SMARTPHONE-READY. The Echo brake controller wirelessly syncs with your Apple or Android phone, turning it into a brake controller interface with the Smart Control app (Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when vehicle is stationary). Note: If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings
- ZERO-TOOL INSTALL. Installing this trailer brake controller is as easy as plugging in a 7-way trailer wiring connector. It requires no tools, no extra wires and no hardware. A locking tab and strap keep it firmly connected. NOTE: Strap stored inside cap
- HIGHLY RESPONSIVE. Echo uses a triple-axis accelerometer to provide smooth, safe braking. It maintains responsive braking, even when your phone screen is locked, receives incoming calls or if the Bluetooth connection is lost
- VERSATILE. This electronic trailer brake controller easily transfers between vehicles and trailers and works on virtually any trailer with 1 to 2 axles (2 to 4 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems
Reese Towpower 8508211 Brake Control (Proportional BRAKE-EVN)
7 used from $41.35
- 1-4 Axle capacity
- Boost feature gives ability to apply more initial trailer braking
- Reverse battery protection
- No leveling required. Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Diagnostics features incorporated in easy to read LED display
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite Electric Brake Controller
TEKONSHA 90885 / Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control f/1-4 Axle Trailers - Proportional
1 used from $223.48
- Includes Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control f/1-4 Axle Trailers - Proportional
Tekonsha 90885C Prodigy P2 Universal Super Intelligent High Powered Electronic Trailer Brake Control System
1 used from $95.00
- UNIVERSAL SYSTEM: Universal electronic brake control system designed to make trailer towing safer and easier
- FITS 1 TO 4 AXLES: Fits 1 to 4 axle trailers to deliver a signal from your vehicle's brakes to your trailer
- BATTERY PROTECTION: Features reverse battery protection for both vehicle and breakaway
- MOUNTING VERSATILITY: Numerous mounting options offer versatile installation
- INCLUDES 1 BRAKE SYSTEM: Includes 1 electronic brake control system for 1 to 4 axle trailers
Autowbrake - Plug and Tow Trailer Mounted Electric Brake Controller
1 used from $303.26
- FREE 3 YEAR WARRANTY: Wireless communication between the remote hand unit and trailer mounted power module
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: Once the Autowbrake is mounted on your trailer and connected to your vehicle, there is no sync up necessary to the key fob.
- VERSATILITY: Built for all-weather conditions and works on everything from luxury cars to back-road pickup trucks. Sleep mode automatically disables controller if another brake controller is detected
- UNIQUE CONCEPT: The Autowbrake is a self-contained fully functional, electric brake control that mounts where it truly belongs - on the trailer. With the Autowbrake, you can get emergency braking or general braking from your trailer brakes automatically. This means that, unlike time-delay controllers - which send the same amount of preset power to your trailer brakes every time - proportional controllers are able to adapt to every braking situation differently.
Best electronic brake controller – Buyer’s Guide 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a electronic brake controller. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a electronic brake controller. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
Make a list of the things you want in your electronic brake controller and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most electronic brake controllers fall within the price range of $ 70.3 to $ 120.16. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control.
If you want something medium range, choose CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional, Black PLastic, 9 x 9 x 3 inches, BLACK PLASTIC. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the TEKONSHA 90885 / Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control f/1-4 Axle Trailers – Proportional
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the electronic brake controller you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is TEKONSHA 90885 / Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control f/1-4 Axle Trailers – Proportional
3. The brand
Buying the electronic brake controller from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your electronic brake controller to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a electronic brake controller from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
What is the best electronic brake controller?
The best electronic brake controller is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control
Are there any good deals on electronic brake controller?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best electronic brake controller and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest electronic brake controller?
Although most of the cheaper electronic brake controller do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on TEKONSHA 90885 / Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Electronic Brake Control f/1-4 Axle Trailers – Proportional
Where can I buy the electronic brake controller?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best electronic brake controller
We hope you liked the electronic brake controllers that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,