How We ScoreOur Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our AI tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites.
In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen raid enclosure . We would recommend using QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless) as it is available at reasonable price
Top 9 best raid enclosure review:
QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
- Direct-attached storage device via USB Type-C for Windows, macOS and Linux
- Use the TR-004 as external storage for NAS backup
- Expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS
- 4 x 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s (Diskless)
- Hardware RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, and individual disks
Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5"/3.5" External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP,Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]
- 【Reliable External Storage System for Individuals】This 5 bay hdd enclosure support up to 80TB external expanded storage. The front door adopt user-friendly PUSH Design for easy install and replacement of hard drives. It is an ideal choice for personal storage at home and office. It can support different drive type(s)-2,5"/3,5" HDD/SSDs, so you can take advantage of your hard drives' potential fully.
- 【Flexible RAID for Customized Work Need】It supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 【80mm Silent Fan Inside】The 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- 【For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard Drives】It comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- 【5Gbps Transfer Rate】This 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
Mediasonic HFR2-SU3S2 PRORAID 4 Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0 & eSATA
- Support 3.5" SATA I / II / III hard disk drive up to 16TB per drive, Support Hard Drive Transfer Rate up to SATA III Speed. Hardware Raid controller built-in on board with one-button control.
- One Button Raid Control support Single Drive Mode, Raid 0 (Spanning) JBOD, Raid 0 (Stripping), Raid 1 (Mirroring), Raid 3 (Stripped set with dedicated parity), Raid 5 (Stripped set with distributed parity), Raid 10 (Mirroring + Striping)
- Transfer rate up to 5.0Gbps via USB 3.0, up to 3.0Gbps via eSATA.
- Smart Fan with built-in thermal-sensor, Auto & Manual modes, and 3 speed levels
- Compatible with Mac OSX 10.8 or later and Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
TERRAMASTER D5-300 USB3.1 (Gen1) Type C 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure Support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Clone, JBOD, Single Disk Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless)
- D5-300 is equipped with brand new USB 3.1(Gen1) type-C high-speed interface and compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux computers, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Up to 90TB storage capacity. D5-300 can support five (5) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 18TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 90TB ( in RAID0). Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5" SATA hard drives, 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSD. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD's are not included.)
- Relying on the USB 3.1 Gen1 super speed protocol, the D5-300’s transmission speeds can reach up to 220MB/s (Tested with dedicated NAS drives 4TB RAID 0).
- Supports multiple RAID modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, CLONE, JBOD, and Single Disk. RAID 5 is recommended as the best option for D5-300, which balances between data security and storage capacity.
- Various applications. Great for video editing, photo backup, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D5-300 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5" 3.5" SATA III RAID HDD External USB 3.0 Enclosure Windows MacOS SY-ENC50118
- Supports all brands of 2.5" And 3.5" Sate I/II/III hard disk Drive up to 10TB per drive up to 5 x 10TB. Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III
- Raid support: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, span, and JBOD
- East interface requires port Multiplier w/FIS-based switching on main computer to enable access to multiple HDDs simultaneously
Oyen Digital Mobius Pro 2C 2-Bay USB-C RAID Hard Drive Enclosure (3R2-2C-M)
- USB-C (Compatible with all USB & Thunderbolt 3). Not compatible with Thunderbolt 2.
- Supports two 3. 5-inch SATA hard drives
- Includes USB-C hub for daisy-chaining or additional USB devices
- Simple, tray-less drive insertion
- Aluminum housing and quiet fan provide excellent heat dissipation
OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
1 used from $82.01
- 0 GB Dual bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA equipped performance RAID enclosure
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, span, and independent modes
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 1 & eSATA connectivity-Accelerate your workflow with transfer speeds up to 407MB/s
- Supports 2 x SATA HDDs. All Cables included
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
ORICO 4 Bay USB 3.0 to SATA Chia External Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5 inch HDD Support 64TB (4 x 16TB) Aluminum Alloy RAID Enclosure Support RAID Mode Storage-9548RU3
- 【4 Bay Raid Enclosure with 64TB Large Capacity】: 4 Bay External Hard Drive Storage Enclosure, Support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/jbod/Single Exclusive RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements. and Compatible 3.5 inch SATA HDD hard drive, Supports up to 4 x 16TB hard drive, Total capacity up to 64TB.
- 【Super Speed USB3.0 Transfer Speed up to 5Gbps】: This 4 bay hard drive enclosure supports all 3.5" SATA (I / II / III) hard disks, USB3.0 to SATA3.0 dual high-speed transmission, UASP acceleration protocol, speed up to 5Gb/s, backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1, Activity LED indicator disk access status.
- 【 Dual-Core Chip & 150W Internal Power Supply】: Built-in JMS567+JMB575 SATA3.0 Dual-Core chip, and Upgrade the 150W power supply to support larger capacity hard drives, provide sufficient power to ensure the Data storage and Transferring's Safety and Stability, Independent safety lock for each drive, Protect your hard drive with care.
- 【Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Body & Double Heat Dissipation】: The 4 Bay Raid Enclosure Features an Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Shell and Fan, good in heat dissipation, up to 4mm thickness which is firm and reliable, The Forced Convection Process helps speed up the air circulation and heat ventilation to effectively cool the drive and whole system for stable operation and an extended lifespan.
- 【PLUG and PLAY, HOT SWAP】: Tool Free design mounts drives without tools and screws in seconds, hot-swapping supported, plug and play. The external hard drive enclosure compatible with Windows XP/ VISTA/ Windows 7/ 8 /8.1/ 10/ Linux/ Mac 9.1/10.2 or higher, ORICO provides 36 months warranty and lifetime technical support.
Yottamaster 4 Bay RAID External Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5"&3.5" SATA HDD/SSD Enclosure with 80mm RGB Silent Fan,Supports 72TB Max and RAID 0/1/3/5/10/Span/Clone/Normal RAID Modes - [DF4RU3]
- 【Enjoy All Games You Like】Four hard drives can be mounted in this device, support with up to 72TB large capacity. A massive collection of newest or classic games, now you can store them all together. Gamers have never had this degree of storage for what they fascinated. No longer be forced to miss out some of the truly interesting/intense games with this immense and gaming-focused external storage system.
- 【See A Visually Stunning World】A 80mm RGB Silent Fan is located between the Translucent Frames on both sides. Lights will auto-changed from one color to the next, blursing the line between fiction and reality, and creating deepper gaming immersion. The main frame built by unibody aluminum. The large fan help to pull out the hot air from inside the enclosure, keeping the the hard drive cool during long hours of operation.
- 【Four Universal 3.5/2.5-inch Drive Bays】 This 4 bay hdd enclosure is designed for both 2.5" SSDs where speed is the priority and for 3.5" HDDs when it's important to maximize the storage capacity. The removable mental trays allow for easy installation and replacement of the drives. Your hard drives can be firmly fixed on the tray by provided screws, which can effectively protect your hdds from shock and interface damage.
- 【Powerfully Easy RAID】Supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/Span/Clone/Normal RAID modes, you can configure multiple RAID modes at the flick of an easy-access switch for your specific needs. Or you can download the Software RAID management, creating, managing and monitoring RAID mode you set.
- 【Wide Project Applicability】Convenient USB3.0 Type-B 5Gbps ports for peripherals and mobile devices. Reliable power supply-Up to 280W instantaneous power and output in 150W rated power, which will ensure the entire operation be safety and stable. It's also applicable to your other workingflow, like digital imaging, media ingest/manage, video production, video editing and system backups ,etc.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the raid enclosure in 2021
There are some things you should consider when buying a raid enclosure. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a raid enclosure. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
Make a list of the things you want in your raid enclosure and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most raid enclosures fall within the price range of $ 219 to $ 89. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless).
If you want something medium range, choose TERRAMASTER D5-300 USB3.1 (Gen1) Type C 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure Support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Clone, JBOD, Single Disk Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless). If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the raid enclosure you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
3. The brand
Buying the raid enclosure from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your raid enclosure to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a raid enclosure from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
What is the best raid enclosure?
The best raid enclosure is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is QNAP TR-004 4 Bay USB Type-C Direct Attached Storage (DAS) with hardware RAID (Diskless)
Are there any good deals on raid enclosure?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best raid enclosure and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest raid enclosure?
Although most of the cheaper raid enclosure do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on OWC 0GB Mercury Elite Pro Dual RAID USB 3.1 / eSATA Enclosure Kit
Where can I buy the raid enclosure?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best raid enclosure
We hope you liked the raid enclosures that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,